Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Tidal Wave, BOTC Season 2 Starts, Compass 3


So a lot has happened since i've last blogged. Why the hell I can't keep up with this is dumb, and I am trying to fix that. We went to Tidal Wave/Gay Days at Disney in Orlando, stayed at the host hotel "Royal Plaza" which was very nice. The event itself was very nice, saw a lot of friends from online and met some new ones. Filmed quite a bit for Bears On The Coast at the event so I don't want to give away some of what you will see in that episode. Unfortunately, as I have recently learned from Michael, we both got home feeling sick and now we both have a cold. This was probably brought on by something at the event possibly in the pool, or elsewhere. Even possible to have picked it up at Disney as children wipe their nose and then touch everything. So we are hoping to get better by this weekend, I am feeling a bit better as my nose as cleared up, still have a bit of a cough but slowly getting better. We are considering going to Sawmill this Saturday for their Bear Weekend. And on Sunday we are going to visit Richard & Robert so I can return their CD/DVD drive we borrowed for the weekend. So we should have a good weekend as long as we are both well before Friday.

I've finally started editing Bears On The Coast Season 2, i've finished Episode 17 (Part 1) already and need to do Part 2 & 3 next. I will probably try to get those done before this weekend hits. I love the new intro i've created for the show and I am glad we have been receiving positive feedback from it. Some criticism has been made over the length of the intro as it clocks in at two minutes and twenty six seconds. This counts the episode name and number. I believe its the correct length as it showcases our reoccuring cast members that have been supportive of the show. I felt it was only fair to feature them as they don't get paid to do this and this is my way of thanking them for their support. If you feel the intro is too long and you don't approve then just fast forward. The show is an hour show so if you really feel that upset you lost two minutes and twenty six seconds then sorry but this is just how it is.

While working on music for Season 2 of Bears On The Coast I started to experiment with House/Trance music. In doing this I felt it would be better to ask for assistance from any artists willing to help. I have gained two awesome talents, those being Steven (DJ Bearish) & Eric (DJ Airrick). So far the process has lead me to compose a total of 13 tracks on my own. I am currently taking a break as to let Steven and Eric catch up and compose new works if they choose. So far Steven has contributed a track he composed which I think sounds great. If you watch Season 2 of Bears On The Coast you will find the tracks popping up all over the place. The opening theme titled "Ghost" was the first track created for the project and is one of my favorites. I have shown the material to some of my friends and have received a great reaction from it. Some are great to hear i'm doing more accessible and more mainstream work. And more importantly more upbeat music. I've been told the music I create is depressing and sad because of the content of what i'm singing and the music runs with that theme. A lot of my past material which has yet to be released is all based on times long past in which i've had something i've dealed with. I think happy and sad music is essential, you can't have one without the other. Life has its ups and downs, and my music is the same. I am glad I could prove to people that not everything I create is sad and depressing. Some of it can make you dance and want to just have a good time and party. I'm glad I can create something different.

No comments:

Post a Comment