Sunday, January 23, 2011

Past, Present, Future...


I wonder if I pushing myself to nothing. Am I working on something other people don't care about as much as I do, should I continue and should I quit now? I ask myself these questions a lot when it comes to my music. Considering I haven't put out an album yet I try to push these questions aside, but when I look at my Void Of Axis page on Facebook and see how small my fan base is and how little interaction I have with them I wonder how do I reach out to new people and whether or not they will even care about my music. I will admit, I am not what the radio plays today. But i'd rather be true to myself and what I feel is right, I choose to create the type of music I do because I generally like it and it sounds like something i'd like to listen to. I am hoping I am not the only person out there. I don't have an agent, I don't have a record label to fund me, and I really am trying my best to do everything. From working on music, to creating artwork, to finding live shows to play, to creating the best experience I can, but i'm not sure I can do it alone. I am just really confused as to what I should do next, I am working on trying to promote Forest Of Memories Vol. 1 which as i've been told is NOT an album I would get signed for. And I knew that when I created it, the album is not a commercial record, its a series of albums that just reflect the past. So far, the past has been a reoccurring theme in my life and I was to just release this and everything else that is in the "past" so I can move forward in to present and future.

I will reflect more later, have to get ready for Euchre today with the girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment