Friday, December 17, 2010

Hello Florida, Attack Of The Club Kids, Bears On The Coast Episode 1...


I'm in Florida now! And so far things have been really good, the move went well and i'm glad to be here. I'm working on getting my state id or driver's license. This will mean I have to get a book from the DMV so I can study to take the test to get my permit. In the meantime, I am still getting used to the area and i'm glad its got an actual town compared to my last place. Hopefully I will be able to get a job here. Michael has been showing me around and has been very sweet since I moved here.

Last night I went to a local gay club called "University Club". My friend Todd called me and asked me to go with him, and so I did. It was a very interesting experience, the bar/club is three levels. The first and second level being in one big room where everyone is dancing and the third being a bit more quiet offering a bar and pool tables. The club was very busy and packed, it seemed to be more of a hangout geared towards the "Twink/Club Kid" crowd. And as you probably know I felt a bit awkward there, but I did have some fun though. It was pretty clear to me that everyone in the club was either drunk as hell or they were on some kind of drug. Everyone was gone! So far gone that if they weren't clothed the entire club could have been a giant cesspool of sex and STD's. But then again i'm also a 23 year old who got over the "club" scene when I was 20 years old so I can't judge them, I can judge the 40 + year olds who are still there and not realizing their maturity. All in all, it was a good night.

Bears On The Coast has premiered and tomorrow i'm scheduled to make another episode with my friend Peter and his boyfriend Artie, and with my roommate Michael. I will be hanging with Peter and we will meet with Artie and Michael and all go to see Tron: Legacy tomorrow and possibly have some dinner afterwards. The first episode can be seen below this post.




No comments:

Post a Comment